It's Time for Coffee

Two of my favorite things: Coffee and Pears. Not that I drink coffee eating pears every day, in most of the cases the coffee wins. And I loved to challenge myself with the pear painting as these fruits have some kind of magic in their shapes. There is no perfect pear yet they are all so incredibly interesting.
..........................................................................................................................
At the beginning I've painted them all yellow, green and slight red. The skin was perfectly glowing from inside. I've even made a photo reference, when all of the sudden I've noticed that there is something wrong there: the pears looked to me more waxie than real. Yes, I forgot to place the little "imperfections" on them: the dots that characterize the pears so well. After few touches these Ladies came to life, all dotted, all freckled and smiley..
...........................................................................................................................
The photo reference came from my sister; the pears she bought at Russian Farmers Market and she used an old carafe that we had for years in our family to set up this beautiful still life for me.
............................................................................................................................
8"x10 Waterecolor on Arches 140 Cold Pressed, Winsor & Newton watercolors

Popular Posts