Three Suns - Work In Process

Sunflowers became my recent love. The story behind is very simple yet mysterious a little. Let me know if this or similar things ever happened to you. I was going through the recent Watercolor Artist magazine and it was advertising page with the girl painting sunflowers. The flowers were so beautiful that I kept admiring them for minutes thinking I'd love to paint them some time.. But like a lot of time happens the idea never gets to the paper due to different excuses (not enough time is the one of them) am I right?.................................................................................................................................. Couple of hours later I received the request from the client if I could paint some Sunflowers for her daughter (she wanted to give her a notebook with my painting on the front to her daughter for Christmas). Wow, that made me get to work pretty fast. I found incredible image of Sunflowers and started creating the same day.................................................................................................................................................. The watercolor painting of sunflowers that is attached is the work in process. The finished painting will have dark background. But I was thinking that this in-process one is also pretty sufficient. It would look super cute on the postcards, thank you notes, coasters.. I am saving this image in my library before I get to the background. And tell you the truth I am a little frightened now to even start the background. Usually I paint surroundings first and the main subject less. What a challenge!! :)............................................................................................................................................................. Sunflower painting, Watercolor on paper, 140 Cold Press Arches,

********************
More than a thousand artworks ranging from realism to a decorative abstract and detailed botanical painting by Irina Sztukowski are presented now on her website  www.artirina.com 

Popular Posts