Tulips With Sunflowers Mini Art And Fun Commissions

watercolor realism

While working on a couple of projects, I wanted to place a few miniatures that are only 3.5" wide. Above Tulips On The Window painting looks good and fresh with "vanished" edges. 

And this little Sunflowers contain my favorite contrast combination these days: a warm yellow against cool blues:

yellow blue floral still life

Meanwhile I continued working on my projects. 
The Colors Of Russia art show was quite successful (read the previous post here). As the follow-up I was asked to make a few more paintings for the clients, who loved the original show:

Russia Sketch

Another fun commission was something outside of my usual work. One client, a restaurant owner, asked me to make a little design for a business card that would contain some "FOOD items". The challenge there for me was to simplify the paintings in order for them to be seen (be "readable")  in a small area of a teeny-tiny business card... So, it was interesting to make it happen. 
The original artworks were 8 inches tall.

One of them had to have a symbolized bowl of soup:
food art


Another one had to "read" coffee and sandwich:  
Kitchen Art
I couldn't resist to place a couple cookies there.

The design of the business card (the visual part of it) had to show the soup far in the background and the cup of coffee in the front:

The main text of the business card could be placed over the bowl of soup..


In Every Piece Of My Art There Is A Piece Of My Heart And A Sparkle Of My Soul





Popular Posts