Best Golf Course View in San Francisco - Lincoln Park - 17th Hole

Golden Gate Bridge View

One of my customers ordered this commission painting of the gorgeous view of San Francisco Bay and Golden Gate Bridge. I have not realized at the beginning that the park was a famous golf course on a top of the hill. And that precise view was from 17th hole of Lincoln Park

I liked the idea that the given picture had good three points of visual interest plus the personal meaning to the customer of course.

Starting the painting from the skies and the Golden Gate Bridge, I gradually moved to the foliage of the trees. When these two backgrounds were completed, I continued with paining the bushes and the flowers maze in the front. They had to be painted with the most details; and, by the way, took me the longest time "to build".

Here are a few pix of work-in-progress that I supplied to the customer along the way. As usual, commission paintings take much longer time (compare to the artist's choice art) due to the communications (agreements, suggestions, approvals), and constant updates:
sketches

Panorama

California Trees

Bay Area San Francisco

The Original Painting Lincoln Park - San Francisco is 9"x12" Watercolor


In Every Piece Of My Art There Is A Piece Of My Heart And A Sparkle Of My Soul


Popular Posts