Pink Rose Buds

blossom

This little pink Lady named Rose was blooming in my garden a couple of month ago.. The morning Sun just hit the petals, and the background was still dark from the shadow of the fence. 

The challenge in this Pink Rose painting was that I wanted to leave the geranium on the background but keep it very vague, not popping-up so to speak. Instead, I wanted to make my Pink Rose shine. Any professional artist will tell you that if you want to have something on the back ground make it cooler than the front; and, vise versa: make the foreground warm to pop-up. 

In this painting of the Pink (almost purple) rose everything is opposite to the usual rules: the rose color is cooler than the background colors. 

How did I achieve the contrast? I've loaded my brush with very juicy red. After masking the rose drawing, I've applied wet on wet technique, in several layers, until I was satisfied with the deepness of the red geranium. Then, I've painted the rose in a very light washes, ending the session with almost dry-on-dry application.
....................................................................................
Original artwork Pink Rose Bloom is 10"x8" on Fabriano Extra White 140lb painted with Winsor&Newton Watercolor 


In Every Piece Of My Art There Is A Piece Of My Heart And A Sparkle Of My Soul

Popular Posts