Italian Restauran - Sunflowers Of Venice

Italy Still Life

Preparing for the trip to Italy, I am getting my "Italian" brush strokes sharpen.. In this painting I literally re-painted the walls with the dry brush loaded with color not worrying about the brush marks; after all, the walls in that Venetian cafe were old... 
I've got the photo reference from my friend who went to Italy a couple of years ago. They were sitting in the cafe and waiting for the meal to come. The guy was wearing red t-shirt and was looking at the vase above his head. I made a few changes; and, even though I left the pitcher with flowers above and "almost" falling, I replaced the guy with the Red Venetian Chair to add a little less personal look to the painting but remain an Italian feeling to the atmosphere...

Now I don't know what is the focal point in this painting: the red chair, the blue bottle, or these cute Sunflowers:

Yellow Still Life

Oh Italy, I am excited to go there. So far I was just painting from the photo's of my friends and relatives. And now it is the time to meet this country in person.

Here are my previous paintings.

Beautiful hills of Positano:
Flowers at the Bay
SOLD
(prints are available HERE)

Gorgeous Dome in Vatican Rome:
St Peters basilica
SOLD
(prints are available HERE)

And multiple roofs of old town Siena:
roofs
SOLD
(prints are available HERE)



In Every Piece Of My Art There Is A Piece Of My Heart And A Sparkle Of My Soul






Popular Posts