Venice Italy - Verticals Vs Horizontals

Italian Sketches Italy artworks

Visiting Venice on my business trip last month, I was astounded by all the vertical lines that strike the artist's eye: tall buildings, narrow streets, long endless canals...

In my painting, San Marcos Square, I wanted to "lock" vertical tower into a horizontal frame of Doge Palazzo arches to show the controversial view point: 

On another hand, in my digital art photography, I pointed at all the verticals of tall going-into-the-sky buildings that surround peaceful canals. The buildings are like jeweled frames where canals represent emerald, turquoise, or sapphire stones. And the color of that "stones" depend on the weather and can change any second.

Each artwork contains the ancient sights with the curious tourists riding in gondolas, exploring the beauty of Venice:




Cheers from
:)
  

Popular Posts