Story Of An Artwork Creation


My series of the painting that I named Dancing Fire moved emotions of so many people. Besides declaring itself to be one of my bestsellers, this body of art inspired some for articles (example is HERE), some for poetry (Examples are HERE and HERE) all over the world. 

Yesterday, I was contacted by an Advanced Art Class student whose assignment was to write an article about her favorite painting. She asked me about a creation process. I was very pleased that the Art Schools are focusing on the contemporary artists these days. I also, thought that sharing about the process of an artwork creation, especially an abstract piece like this one above, would be a great addition to my blog.

Here is the part of the interview.
******************************************

Question: 
When you were creating this piece of art, what were you thinking of and what were your emotions?

Answer:
 When I created this piece of art, I was conducting an experiment of some sort. I wanted to see how the watercolor from yellow to red, beige, and brown would flow into each other when placing the paint on paper using wet-on-wet technique. 
I had some hot yet classic music playing on the background that day. And while listening to the music, I was happily applying the paint with circular brush strokes. Then I peacefully, with the interest of a curious artist, watched how the paint “melted” and moved on its own. 
After the paper was bone dry, I’ve looked at it for a moment and the idea to add a dancing woman figure popped-up into my mind. 
It was rather spontaneous decision. I wanted to emphasize the flow of the paint with the movement of a dancing body and with her skirt curling in unison with the direction of the paint. 
*******************************************

I am so happy I can share my thoughts about creation of this Hot Hot series dancing fire :)







It is ALL about FIRE :)






Popular Posts