Christmas In July or December?

watercolor poinsettia stockings and fireplace

Sure I know the answer :). Yet for me Christmas started practically in July this year. Those days I was painting snow and holiday themes for the book Bernard Goes To Music School. The illustrations were fun to paint. 

In these artworks, the story goes to the times when kids had to say bye to the teacher for their holiday break:
children book watercolor
And then our protagonist Bernard went home to celebrate:

watercolor book for children

But something happened at the table after dinner. Of course, I will hold myself from telling in order not to spill the beans. I couldn't reveal in July that I was "working" on Christmas; but, I am so happy that by the real Christmas time I can share if not the story then the art from the book I've illustrated :)

Those days there was a lot of snow settling in my studio.

Daddy and Bernard walked the snowy streets to the Music School when behind my window there were flowers blooming under 94 degree sunshine:
And then they went home from the school into the cold Toronto Winter:

Brrr, it makes me cold just think about them walking through that blizzard!!!

Together we made it to the real Holidays, and now, in December, I can happily say that the book has seen the bookshelves right on time, and it will make a great holiday gift for the kids whose parents enjoy spending time and reading good encouraging stories together. 

Happy Holidays Season To Everyone!!! 
:)










Popular Posts