Pardon "Mon" French

decorative design
One day I was feeling like creating some abstract in yellow and purple (two complementary colors that can balance each other very well). The idea didn't have to wait too long to come. My inspiration that day was right at my desk in the studio: a bunch of French Curves

French Curve is a special tool that artists and drafters use to create a curvy line. I love the shape of the french curve for the soft organic forms, which when applied together can create an interesting whimsical design.

And that how the above artworks got created, not mentioning the next ones: 
watercolor

and the next:
French Curve Yellow Purple

All of those and many other French Curve creations landed in my Decorative Design gallery on FAA.

But my "feeling French" mood didn't stop at just an abstract artwork. I've decided to combine two of my favorite "French" paintings into one, creating a cute Hallmark style design..

And Vuola! I am happy to present:

realism in watercolor French painting

I thought that the portrait of a little girl, a daughter of my friend (whose mom, by the way, came to the U.S. from France); this girl would look very nice with the Eiffel Tower on the back and those fluffy purple clouds.
:0)


In Every Piece Of My Art There Is A Piece Of My Heart And A Sparkle Of My Soul



Popular Posts