Seven Minutes Before Christmas




It's probably the last Christmas painting for this season. 
Why Seven Minutes? I don't know. 
As if somebody was moving my brush to place the clock-hands to that position. 

And here is a funny story: 
 I had to make the background wash several times.  Strathmore watercolor paper is not as pretty as Arches. It needs a lot of work and skill to have the wash the Artist want. So, when I was satisfied with the wash, moved on to the details of the fireplace (practically had to "build" that thing brick by brick) and so on; when I took picture and looked at the background I realized that there is a shadow (reflected on the wall)... Guess who is that?!! Right! That's why my hand moved the clock to Seven Minutes Before Christmas :0)
...........................

Oh, and later I made a cute Christmas card out of this painting with the holiday greetings:



.......................................................................
Original Painting is 12"x16" Watercolor on Strathmore Series 400 paper 


In Every Piece Of My Art There Is A Piece Of My Heart And A Sparkle Of My Soul

Popular Posts