Watercolor Rose Painting

pink roses

I am celebrating a Rose Petals Day today. And even though I found out that an official Rose Day is somewhere in February, on my blog it is here and now :0)..

Why do I love roses? I think for their multiple generous petals, which at the first glance are looking alike yet not the same. Each petal is unique when, after all, unites into a gorgeous flower. 

Why else? Hm...I also like these flowers for the challenge. When the artist paints a rose, she has to put herself in some meditation stage, painting one petal after another.. and, again, never forget about stepping away and see the whole flower. 

When painting this rose, I almost got lost in the petals, in their beauty, and their abstracted realism.

Just take a look at the fragments of the same rose, isn't it a lovely abstract suggested in the turn of petals?

floral

botanicals

petal study

Celebrate a Rose Day with me. I pulled all my recent roses and combined them in a PhotoShop "bouquet" for you :0)

rose garden


Original painting Rose (above all) is Watercolor on 20"x16" 300lb Cold Pressed Paper


In Every Piece Of My Art There Is A Piece Of My Heart And A Sparkle Of My Soul


Popular Posts