Holiday Season - Opening

Needless to say the media and advertising is already skipping Thanksgiving and moved on to the Christmas promotion. And here I am, feeling like Holidays now. This season I've committed to paint at least three Poinsettias for the Holiday cards. This painting is my first try. The challenge was to actually stay away from scarlet red ( I used to think that Poinsettias are only red and green; but this one was kind of purple-ish) .................................................................................................................... I have also made a small cards out of this painting and today I actually sold one. So, this is true then, people really do feel like Holidays already :). Thank you Media!... .................................................................................................................... The original Painting is 9"x12" Canson 140 lb watercolor paper. I have noticed that this particular brand is very good for decorative paintings or for illustrations due to its pretty smooth yet very absorbing surface.

********************
More than a thousand artworks ranging from realism to a decorative abstract and detailed botanical painting by Irina Sztukowski are presented now on her website  www.artirina.com 

Popular Posts