Pink Lilies

I keep exploring the character of Strathmore watercolor paper and I keep confirming to myself that this paper is really not that bad for fast sketches. In the painting with the glass I was focusing on glass itself. The lights were electrical and glass had lots of foreign reflections. The single lily was done as a study of the flower itself. These lilies are growing in our garden; and they are very high maintenance (compare to large white calla lilies). As an example they bloom only when they want and they skipped last blooming season completely. However, when I cut them for the still life, they appeared fresh and good looking for almost a week. What a paradox!

*****************************************
More Art by Irina Sztukowski is presented on her website  www.artirina.com

Popular Posts